Legislative & Emerging Issues
The mission of the Emerging Issues Committee
- Monitor local, state and federal issues of importance to the OGFOA membership and public finance profession.
- Function as source of information to the OGFOA Board of Directors and committees in setting priority issues for education, outreach, and research.
- Function as a source of information (but not as an advocate) to lobbying groups (LOC, AOC, SDAO, SBOA) on governmental finance issues/concerns.
- Promote the active participation Legislative & Emerging Committee members as conference speakers and contributors to other outreach efforts including newsletters, website postings, call for action emails and special projects.
- Coordinate efforts with partner organizations and associations on topics of mutual interest.
- Serve as a pool of subject matter experts to review or become involved with policy issues as requested by the Board or as otherwise appropriate.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and associations on topics of mutual interest.
- Develop and implement communication mechanisms to quickly disperse information to OGFOA members when an emerging issue needs timely information sharing.
- Quarterly conference calls coordinated by the chairs:
- Meet at the annual Fall and/or Spring Conferences (in lieu of quarterly conference call).
- Participate on other committees particularly Education, Accounting Standards, Information Technology, and Developing Professionals.
- Regular communication to the Board of Directors to help set policy priorities.
- Regular communication with the OGFOA President and Board Liaison for any matters requiring more urgent attention.
EMERGING ISSUES COMMITTEE
Piper Jaffray & Co
Clackamas Co Water Environment Services
Pendleton, City of
Mersereau Shannon LLP
Summer Sears CPA, LLC
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP